AceCad Software is pleased to announce the release of StruM.I.S V8.1, our latest steelwork fabrication management system designed to meet needs of medium and larger sized steelwork contractors. StruM.I.S V8.1 includes many new features to operate steel fabrication sites more efficiently, with greater flexibility and offering enhanced functionality.
StruM.I.S V8.1 new features overview
- New 64 bit architecture
- New, more user friendly setup wizard, including updated material and cross references
- Improved revision management functionality
- Enhanced plate logic
- Ability to review drawings and documents at all levels
- Latest BIMReview, model viewer embedded
- BIMReview CAD Interfaces for Tekla and SDS/2
- Partial Work Order Issuing
What are the business benefits of StruM.I.S V8.1?
- Even easier and more user friendly to use
- Pre populated with material libraries – ready to implement
- Greater flexibility through enhanced enquiries and estimating tools
- Superior control at every level of production
- Revisions can be created at any stage of production
- Advanced levels of referencing and visualisation through BIMReview
- Cost reduction, with enhanced traceability and process control
- Option to install add-ins for Tekla and SDS/2
- Saves time, reduces laborious tasks and minimises human error
With the release of StruM.I.S V8.1, AceCad Software emphasizes its commitment to delivering the very best in integrated data management and visualisation tools for the steel sector. Simon Inman, Technical Director for AceCad Software, commenting on the release said, “StruM.I.S V8.1 delivers even greater business advantages for steelwork contractors across their steelwork projects. Users will benefit from new levels of functionality to deliver instant decision support across projects. This latest exciting release is in line with our aim to enable, through our software, our users to utilize their Information to deliver real time Knowledge to make Powerful decisions”.
You can now optimise your steel procurement with StruM.I.S – More accuracy, reduced waste, costs savings!
StruM.I.S integrates your structural steel procurement with live contracts and enables the management of suppliers, with pricing and nesting automatically completed and all costs allocated for analysis.
Structural steel construction businesses need to purchase wisely and efficiently to deliver successful returns. The structural steel purchasing function is critical and often complicated by multiple simultaneous project requirements. StruM.I.S allows the management of suppliers and integration of purchasing for more accuracy, less waste and ultimately to save you money!
Watch our FREE webinar to find out how purchasing using StruM.I.S could benefit your business:
StruM.I.S purchasing and suppliers module features include:
- Purchasing and supplier materials database
- Wizard driven – linear and plate nesting/multing (optional), incorporating multi-suppliers, bevel nesting and butt welding
- Visual nest representation and analysis
- Request for Quotation (RFQ) and saved nest retrieval
- Electronic Data Interface (EDI) with Suppliers
- Automated Purchase Order generation
- Purchase Order receipts enables good inwards management
- Materials Classification, facilitating CE compliance, returns, damaged goods, etc.
- Return to supplier for damaged or unwanted goods
The main issue with interdepartmental and supply chain collaboration, is often the flow of information from one place to another. This is one of the areas where BIMProject comes into play, with its very simple workflow system doing all of the heavy lifting (figuratively speaking!) Processing 3D or BIM model data from design through the tendering, procurement and QS cycles to the construction site.
All of the information attributed to the models, and the models themselves, can be imported into BIMProject. Throughout the supply cycle the information is compounded and enriched and this data, along with all the documents involved, is then added to the system under controlled change management; through integrated workflows for the benefit of everyone involved in the entire construction project.
BIMProject and BIMReview also share an excellent and unique aspect; complete visual traceability in sync with the data held within.
‘Contractors are able to track the content from their suppliers through to the construction site in real time, utilising the BIM model in this environment, which we feel is a first.’
Paul Daynes, AceCad’s BIM Solutions Business Manager